Real Estate CE Requirements
New Changes take effect on October 1, 2015. If your license expires on or after October 1, 2015 please read these changes first before continuing below.
|Residential Brokers, Branch Managers, Team Leaders||Residential Salesperson and Associate Broker|
More information on CE requirements is found on the Maryland Commission site.
View your existing Maryland CE Credits
A total of 15 hours is needed
- DC Fair Housing (3.0)
- DC Legislative Update (3.0)
- DC Ethics (3.0)
- Electives (6.0)
- On the right side of the screen under the blue header labeled “Licensing Services”. Click the hyperlink in this line: “To access the online portal, please https://realestate.dcopla.org/">click here.”
- Click the Orange button to “Register for an Account” (ONLY if you are NOT already licensed or have not already started an application.)
- If you are already licensed, enter your email address and password. Request a new password if you are accessing the system for the very first time OR you forgot your previous password.
- Once you sign into the system, open an application for licensure for the license type you currently hold. You will then need to click the Renewal / Reinstatement option.
The application will show what coursework is still outstanding in the “Complete Application Requirements” section.The white bars represent coursework that has not been reported.
Virginia Elective Class Credits Through Reciprocity For Classroom Classes
Legislative update and fair housing classes taken to satisfy the mandatory continuing education requirements for Maryland and DC real estate license may not be applied to your mandatory Virginia legislative update or fair housing requirement.
Out-of-State CE Credit CE Credit
The Board will accept up to 8 hours of approved continuing education courses that a broker or experienced salesperson completed in another state, as long as the licensee holds a current real estate license in that other state and completed these CE courses during the current two-year license term. These 8 out-of-state hours can be applied only to the "Real Estate Related Subjects" (elective) Continuing Education category. In order to receive these 8 hours of Continuing Education elective credits in the "Real Estate Related Subjects" category, a licensee must submit:
- an original or notarized copy of the current out-of-state license (with its expiration date) AND
- an original or notarized copy of EACH Continuing Education course completion certificate.
More information can be found on the commission's website.
Real Estate Boards
Maryland Real Estate Commission
Maryland Higher Education Commission
6 N. Liberty Street, 10th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Phone: (410) 230-6230
District of Columbia Real Estate Commission
Addresss: 941 North Capitol Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 442-4320 Fax: (202) 698-4329
Addresss: 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 400, Richmond, Virginia 23233-1463
Phone: (804) 367-8500
Licensing Section: (804) 367-8526